Jobs & Bids
Development & Outreach Director
Coalitions & Collaboratives, Inc is seeking a candidate for Development & Outreach Director.
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)/Nonprofit (Environmental/Natural Resource Protection & Capacity Development)
Job Location: Lake George, CO
Job Category: Fundraising, Public Relations, Event Coordination
Reports to: CEO
COCO is an umbrella organization that works with other collaborative conservation organizations, watershed groups, and similar nonprofits. It is closely affiliated with, and shares space and resources with, the Coalition for the Upper South Platte. Additional affiliates range from the Arkansas River Watershed Collaborative to the Colorado Fire Adapted Communities Network, the Coalition for the Poudre River Watershed and the Greenway Fund. COCO is growing, and we anticipate more affiliates joining in the future.
The Development & Outreach Director is responsible for directly supporting COCO and CUSP, and providing technical assistance to other affiliates, through: organizing and managing media; grant writing; fundraising and other public engagement activities and events; public relations, organizational branding, marketing and promotional services. Duties also include website and social media development and management, outreach to, and engagement of, volunteers and volunteer groups.
The Development & Outreach Director is a public face of the organization(s), therefore he or she must be equally comfortable working in both the boardroom or the field with donor and volunteer groups, and representing us at gatherings large and small. It is important the Development & Outreach Director have a flexible schedule to be available for occasional evening or weekend events.
The Development & Outreach Director should plan on dividing time between working in the office (located in Lake George, CO), working from home, meeting with constituents, and working on-site for various events.
COCO is an equal opportunity employer and enforces a policy of non-discrimination with regard to race, color, religion or creed, national origin, physical or mental ability, military obligation, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender expression.
Background Check: Because the Development & Outreach Director will be involved in activities and events where money changes hands, a background check will be required at the expense of COCO.
Salary: This is a full-time position with a competitive salary based on experience. Benefits include life insurance, paid holidays, sick time and vacation, as well as health insurance and retirement plan options.
Example Areas of Responsibility:
- General Correspondence re: meetings, updates, etc.
- Prepare agendas with other leadership team members
- Coordinate in-person meetings/meals/tours
- Take and distribute minutes
- Other staff interface:
- Work with other members of the staff to support projects and programs, such as reviewing and editing grant applications and project reports prepared by staff.
- Create and implement a community and business outreach plan
- Work with internal staff on regular updates re COCO activities/projects/etc.
- Work with Board of Directors Outreach & Fundraising Committee
- Solicitation, Recruitment, Screening & Management of Committee Members
- Develop and manage an outreach/events budget
- Tactical Networking Plan
- Social Media/Press Releases
- Monthly news articles/e-blasts/Newsletters/Annual Report
- Website management (working with IT staff)
- Event Promotion
- Develop an annual outreach calendar including:
- Social Media posting
- Print media
- Fundraising campaigns
- Develop a signature annual branded fundraising event
- Set Purpose & Goals
- Identify Targets (audiences, businesses, partners)
- Engage volunteers
- Supervise events
- Work with Office Manager/Games Manager on Raffle Protocol
- Work with Outreach & Funding Committee on raffle item acquisition and holding raffles
CRM database management
The ideal candidate will have a combination of experience and education that allows them to work with a variety of stakeholders, to promote the organization(s). He or she will have extremely strong written and oral communications skills; the ability to effectively acquire and maintain data on businesses, groups and individuals as part of the development and management of a robust CRM tool; the ability to analyze, organize, report on strategies that are critical to the success of this position and the organization(s). A good eye for graphic design is helpful, and a keen sense of what is trending in social media and related fields is important for keeping current with branding, marketing and promoting the organization, activities, and events.
- Minimum 5 years in related field with nonprofit focused advertising/ promotion/public relations
- Extensive, successful work experience may compensate for education/degrees or certifications
- Educational or work experience in environmental protection is a plus
BA with focus on one or more: Marketing, Journalism, Public relations, Business, Nonprofit Leadership. Minor in environmental or other related natural sciences helpful, but not necessary.
How to apply
Email cover letter and resume/CV in PDF format only to: email@example.com. Applications received in formats other than PDF will not be considered.