Individuals: COCO loves our individual volunteers! Please complete our New Volunteer Form then select the project you want to participate in on our Events page. Individuals may register for “open” projects as “closed” projects are private scheduled group events.
Note: Keep an eye out for “open call” projects, as these are perfect for individuals or small groups such as family or friends.
Groups: COCO loves to work with groups too! Please complete our New Volunteer Form where you can enter important group details. We will review this information and be in touch to schedule a private group event. To register your group for a project immediately, locate the date you would like to participate on our Events page and register the number of spaces under an “open” project; “closed” projects are private scheduled group events. Returning groups may be contacted directly for urgent needs. Please be patient and flexible as needs often change quickly.
- The nature of all COCO projects can be challenging, please review project descriptions and difficulty ratings carefully. Fire rehab projects are dirty; please dress and prepare accordingly.
- We often meet at central locations and caravan to more remote work sites. Promptness is appreciated, as we will depart 10 minutes after the posted meet time.
- Due to variable weather conditions and safety for our volunteers all vehicles and drivers must remain on site for the duration of the project.
- In hazardous areas we must strictly adhere to minimum age restrictions, which vary according to site.
- Expectant mothers should check with their physicians prior to attending projects in recently burned areas or in unstable terrain.
- Pets are not allowed on COCO projects.
- Please do not bring your own tools unless requested.